Jan 27, 2010

Gamer or Citizen Game

What happens when you put the star of Dexter's Michael C. Hall, the star of 300's Gerard Butler, and throw in a famous rap star Chris Bridges aka Ludacris? You get this futuristic gaming movie called Gamer. The question is does it succeed?

For me I had low expectations because the preview looked dumb. I could tell this would be a bad movie. However, it has people I like from Dexter and 300, so maybe there was the possibility it could be at least entertaining.

The technology was good, the storyline was fair, and it even had a happy Hollywood ending. Did I like it? No. Did I hate it? No. What I recommend it? No I wouldn't. I would think you would be better advised to watch Dexter season 1,2,3 or 4 or 300 if you really want to be entertained.

Netflix Summary:

It's 2034, and humans can control and kill each other in a large-scale online gaming world. But Kable (Gerard Butler), a wrongfully convicted soldier forced to join the violent competition, tries to free himself by taking out its evil architect, Ken (Michael C. Hall). While being controlled by a rich kid (Logan Lerman), Kable must also save his wife, Angie (Amber Valletta), who's trapped in her own avatar world.



No comments: