Jan 21, 2010

La Finestra di Fronte aka Facing Windows

You must know that I love foreign films. Especially when they are put together well. This Italian movie is a romance and drama, but doesn't feel that way. It seems to have two main characters that is the center of the movie. An unhappy wife who works in a chicken factory and an old Holocaust survivor who temporarily loses his memory.

I liked the movie from beginning to end. It comes together as it tells the stories of the past and present. Another thing I liked about the movie is the language and the passion they seem to all have in their voices. Yeah, I know it is just appears they speak mad all the time, but I think the people come across passionate too.

The preview video definitely made me want to watch the film. Check it out below.



I wound up eating cake with my coffee after the show. Lol.

Netflix summary:

Feeling overwhelmed and stuck in a dull marriage, Giovanna begins refocusing her attention (or repressing her emotions) by caring for the Jewish Holocaust survivor her husband brings home one day. As Giovanna reflects on her life, she turns to the man who lives across from her and whose window faces hers. Stars Giovanna Mezzogiorno, Massimo Girotti, Raoul Bova, Filippo Nigro and Serra Yilmaz. Directed by Verzan Ozpetek.

No comments: