Jan 7, 2010

The Baader Meinhof Complex (2008)

My wife and I tend to watch foreign language films and usually try to watch the movies that have won awards or recognition. This particular movie The Baader Meinhof Complex was a long movie and is based on actual events.

It is good to see histories of other countries. It gives you insight into that culture. This movie definitely did that. Yet, I can't say I enjoyed the movie. I don't know if it was the subject matter or the way the portrayed the people. They were definitely terrorists, but the movie painted everyone as a bad person.



The trailer looks interesting. For me, the movie just doesn't deliver and I would not recommend watching it.





Most of the reviews on Netflix were good, but I guess everyone has different tastes.

Netflix summary:

Uli Edel directs this Best Foreign Language Film Oscar nominee charting the birth of West Germany's Red Army Faction, a radical left-wing terrorist group formed in the late 1960s amid a climate of revolution and a fallen generation. Staging a series of bombings, kidnappings and assassinations, the RAF waged a war against fascism with a direct assault against the powers of American imperialism and the fledgling German democracy.

No comments: