Jan 10, 2010

London to Brighton

This movie was actually a great Indie movie. The acting was very good and the characters come off real. This is one of those movie environments that is difficult to watch, but exist everywhere in the world.

I watched this on Netflix streaming so I didn't have the subtitles option. Yes, it is in English but everyone has the British accent, and for me it is sometimes hard to decipher what they are saying. Again, I didn't care for the subject matter, but the movie is still good and worth watching. It is a bit depressing, but it does have a happy Hollywood ending.

Spoiler: I did know the two guys digging the graves were going to die, but I also thought the two girls were going to die too. I still don't understand the reasoning of letting them go. I know it has something to do with the bad guy not liking his father growing up, but it doesn't completely make it logical. I know this comment will only make sense after watching the movie.




Netflix Summary:

Employing a nonlinear flashback structure, writer-director Paul Andrew Williams delivers a BAFTA-nominated feature debut that incorporates five main characters into 24 hours and one riveting plot. The action unfolds as two girls (Lorraine Stanley and Georgia Groome) burst into a public bathroom with visible, unexplained injuries, and another man lies bleeding to death. How they got that way forms the basis for this tense and tangled thriller.

No comments: