Jan 14, 2010

Wuthering Heights

I like watching British movies and enjoy BBC productions. This update or remake of Wuthering Heights is not what I remembered from the first movie.

For some reason, this novel adaptation does not depict the characters in a good light. Most of the characters are not likable which is weird because I did like the first movie. The acting is good but still doesn't make the movie any better to me.

After watching this movie, I can't say I like it or hate it. But I definitely can't recommend watching it. For some reason, I didn't feel entertained by this version. On top of that it was much longer.

I couldn't find a movie trailer to embed. They all had singing in them that seemed to make the movie more appealing even thought those songs were not part of the movie at all. I think this clip will give you a better idea of the movie's feel.





The netflix viewers gave this movie high ratings, but like I said the previous versions I have seen were better.

Netflix summary:

Emily Brontë's sweeping tale of romance set against the backdrop of the Yorkshire moors gets the "Masterpiece" treatment in this lush made-for-television adaptation starring Charlotte Riley and Tom Hardy. Cathy (Riley) eventually fell in love with Heathcliff (Hardy), the young Gypsy boy her father brought home years ago. But now that they're adults, another man (Tom Payne) is offering her his affections -- and a far more comfortable life.

No comments: