Jan 18, 2010

Breaking Away

I usually don't watch too many old movies unless they are exceptional. Even movies that I watched as a kid thinking they were great were a disappointment when I saw them as an adult. Movies like the classic Star Wars.

Anyways, Breaking Away is a movie I heard was good, the preview looked OK, and they had some big stars before they had become big in it. As usual, I am not going to talk about the plot. I will talk about how I feel about this movie.

First of all, the acting was good and the storyline was great. It definitely catches the times they lived in. Quite frankly, I was entertained from beginning to end. So if you want to watch an oldie but a goodie, this is one of those. Also, on a side note, it sure is weird seeing some of these familiar faces in their youth.



Netflix Summary:

After graduating from high school, Dave Stohler (Dennis Christopher) dreams of becoming a champion bicyclist. Posing as an exchange student to mask his working-class roots, he frustrates his parents (Paul Dooley and Barbara Barrie) and charms a local college girl (Robyn Douglass). Peter Yates's Oscar-winning coming-of-age drama culminates when Dave gets a chance to leave his past behind and race against the Italian riders he worships.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Chessnoid,
I contact you by comment because I didn’t find any other way to do it.
I’m Mirna, Mperience Communication Manager (www. mperience.com). We like your post and we already inserted on our page dedicated to the movie (http://www.mperience.com/view/Breaking_Away).
We have many themes in common with your blog, as you can see, and we would like to publish on Mperience some other your articles.
We’ll appreciate if, you can put on your blog the Mperience’s reference, just copying and pasting the html code I will send you later, if you agree.
Let’s keep in touch!
Please contact me for any further information, questions or suggestions.

Mirna
Mperience
mirna.gvozdenovic@mperience.com