Jan 11, 2010

Man on Fire

I think I have mentioned it before that I am a fan of Denzel Washington's movies. Especially his earlier stuff. This movie Man on Fire was not as good as his other action movies, but it was entertaining.

There are a lot of famous actors in this one. Netflix Summary:

Jaded ex-CIA operative John Creasy (Denzel Washington) reluctantly accepts a job as the bodyguard for a 10-year-old girl (Dakota Fanning) in Mexico City. They clash at first, but eventually bond, and when she's kidnapped he's consumed by fury and will stop at nothing to save her life. Tony Scott directs this thriller about a demoralized soul whose sense of purpose is reawakened by a human connection. Christopher Walken and Mickey Rourke co-star.
The plot was actually straight forward. My wife again guessed the surprise ending and who the bad guy was upon his appearance. LOL. He always seems to play the bad guy.

There is a twist at the end, but I saw it coming. You might too. Again, the movie was entertaining but I probably can't recommend watching the movie. I would try to catch a different Denzel movie you haven't seen.

The two issues I had with this movie was the way it was shot at times. It has the Blair Witch Project or Clover effect of handheld cameras trying to make you yak. The other issue I had was the movie was long. And I mean really long. Just when you think it is over, the movie goes for another 45 minute stretch. Sheesh. They could of reduced that ending to 3 minutes and had the same effect without losing the viewer's attention.

No comments: