Jan 29, 2010

Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan

I was always curious about this famous conqueror I have read about. They have it on Netflix streaming so I thought I would give it a chance. Luckily for me the subtitles were available.

The movie is well done, the acting good, and the storyline may not be completely accurate, it gives a good recount of what may have happened. The effects were great and the filming of the landscape was very impressive.

I enjoyed the movie for what it is, even though it fell short of my expectations. If you like foreign movies, then I think you might like this too.









Netflix Summary:

In 12th-century Asia, an orphaned young slave named Temudjin (Tadanobu Asano) escapes from his captors' clutches and begins a journey that will lead him to become one of the greatest conquerors the world has ever known. Honglei Sun and Ying Bai co-star in this Academy Award-nominated epic from writer-director Sergei Bodrov, the first in a trilogy of adventure films relating the life story of Genghis Khan.

No comments: