Jan 2, 2010

Public Enemies

I usually enjoy Johnny Depp movies in every genre. He is a great actor and always picks unusual movies. I still remember him from his days on 21 Jumpstreet. This movie is a nice gangster movie based in the Depression era 1930's. It actually has a lot of great stars and even an mma fighter I recognized in a bit part role.

I actually enjoyed this movie more than I expected. I don't always like these old movies unless they are done really well. This movie was put together well and reminded me of the other old movie The Untouchables that I had seen along time ago.

I was afraid that with all the good reviews I heard about it, that it would live up to the hype. I think the Director Michael Mann did a great job.

Netflix Summary:

n the shadow of the Great Depression, criminal minds are thriving -- notorious men like John Dillinger (Johnny Depp), "Baby Face" Nelson (Stephen Graham) and "Pretty Boy" Floyd (Channing Tatum) -- and it's up to J. Edgar Hoover (Billy Crudup) and the FBI to bring them down. Michael Mann directs this gritty crime drama based on the book by Bryan Burrough. Christian Bale, Giovanni Ribisi and Leelee Sobieski co-star.

No comments: