Feb 12, 2010

Avatar - 2010 Academy Award®: Best Picture nominee

I heard a lot about this movie so I was very skeptical that it would deliver based on all the positive press. I normally don't like what the main stream public likes, but this movie was excellent. I was very impressed with all the special effects they incorporated at every stage of the movie.

The acting was great, even though at times the characters were cartoonish. I am talking more about the military commander that comes across as a GI Joe wannabee. The actual avatars were pretty awesome. The storyline itself is predictable, although it did take a twist I didn't see. I didn't expect so many characters to die, too. That may have actually contributed to the overall story realism. Most Hollywood endings keep everyone alive for purposed of sequels.

Anyways, this is a great movie. Watch it and enjoy. Cheers!





Netflix Summary:

Disabled Marine Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) travels to planet Pandora to become an avatar, ingratiate himself with the natives and help Americans mine lucrative unobtainium. But he finds himself in an interstellar conflict after falling for Na'vi warrior Neytiri (Zoe Saldana). James Cameron writes and directs this Golden Globe-winning CGI odyssey that has broken box office records. Sigourney Weaver and Stephen Lang co-star.

No comments: