Feb 10, 2010

The Young Victoria

I watch more bad movies than good ones, so I think I appreciate the well made movies that much more. In this movie The Young Victoria, I did not know what to expect. I have watched many BBC type movies, all the Jane Austen movies, and enjoy British movies in general. This movie did not disappoint me. In fact, I enjoyed this movie so much more than I would have expected.

It is actually based on historical events. How accurate it is I do not know, but the way it was presented was pleasant to watch. I think the characters were developed very well. You like both Queen Victoria and Prince Albert from beginning to end and hope they overcome the politics in their lives.

If you like these types of film, then you will certainly enjoy this movie. I will watch this again in the future. Cheers!





Netflix Summary:

Eighteen-year-old British royal Victoria (Emily Blunt) ascends to the throne and is romanced by future husband Prince Albert (Rupert Friend) in this lush period film that chronicles the early years of the British monarch's larger-than-life reign. Produced byMartin Scorsese and Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, the film also starsMiranda Richardson as the Duchess of Kent, Jim Broadbent as King William andPaul Bettany as Lord Melbourne.

No comments: