Feb 20, 2010

Revanche - 2009 Academy Award: Best Foreign Language Film nominee

This was a great foreign movie to watch. I wasn't aware of this movie until my wife put it in our netflix queue. It became available as a streaming movie so that was even better. I read the reviews and it got many great ones. That always worries me because I then have higher expectations.

I watched the trailer and thought it looked OK. Then I watched the movie and just enjoyed it for what it was. The acting was good, the scenery real, and the storyline executed well. I think the development for the main character from beginning to end was well done.

This was also a 2009 Academy Award®: Best Foreign Language Film nominee.




Netflix Summary:

In a ragged section of Vienna, hardened ex-con Alex (Johannes Krisch) works as an assistant in a brothel, where he falls for Ukrainian hooker Tamara (Irina Potapenko). They hope for escape, but their plans unexpectedly intersect with the lives of a rural cop (Andreas Lust) and his seemingly content wife (Ursula Strauss). Austrian Director Götz Spielmann's Oscar-nominated drama is a tense, existential, and moving portrait of vengeance and redemption.

No comments: