Feb 16, 2010

Up in the Air--2010 Academy Award®: Best Picture nominee

I like George Clooney movies in general, so I am partial to liking his films before I see them. This movie would be considered a romantic, comedy drama. It does deliver a little bit of everything.

The acting was great, the storyline good, and there was even a twist in the end that I didn't see. One thing I did like about this movie is it didn't have the typical Hollywood ending. This movie did get a lot of Oscar nods:

2010 Academy Award®: Best Supporting Actress nominee: Vera Farmiga
2010 Academy Award®: Best Actor nominee: George Clooney
2010 Academy Award®: Best Director nominee: Jason Reitman
2010 Academy Award®: Best Picture nominee
2010 Academy Award®: Best Supporting Actress nominee: Anna Kendrick

I have to say they are all worthy of them too. I do think this is a long shot to win best picture, and would be surprised if it won that category. For all the other categories, I could see all of them possibly winning.

I enjoyed the movie and am glad it got some positive recognition. Enjoy!






Netflix summary:

Ryan Bingham (George Clooney) racks up miles flying around the country firing employees on behalf of companies. But he faces losing the job he savors to recent college grad Natalie Keener (Anna Kendrick) -- and losing the ability to escape emotional ties to anything. A connection he builds with Alex Goran (Vera Farmiga), however, might change his outlook on the future. Golden Globe winner Jason Reitman's smart comedy also stars Jason Bateman.

No comments: