Feb 22, 2010

Moscow, Belgium (2008)

This movie sounded interesting and the trailer looked decent. Of course, I was also tricked by the positive reviews by the netflix community. Why do I listen and fall for these glowing reviews.

This film for me was like watching a long boring TV show. The characters were not likeable and the scenery was a bit depressing. I wish I could say something nice about it, but I just can't recommend watching this movie. The description says it is a romantic comedy, but it was not funny or romantic at all.

The trailer is better than the movie itself. Upon seeing the trailer again, I should have known better than to listen to the netflix reviewers who are too generous with their reviews.




Netflix Summary:

When harried mother of three Matty (Barbara Sarafian) causes a fender bender with twentysomething Johnny (Jurgen Delnaet), their flirting blossoms into an unlikely affair. But when Matty's estranged husband, Werner (Johan Heldenbergh), declares that he wants back in her life, she must choose between old, familiar love and the uncertainty of starting life afresh. Christophe Van Rompaey directs this comedy.

No comments: