May 27, 2010

Remember Me, My Love (Ricordati di me)

I had high expectations for this foreign film. The trailer looked good. I have seen the actors in other movies and they are good. Unfortunately, this movie missed the mark. I think it was just a bad storyline and the characters were unlikeable. All of them: father, son, daughter, and mother were just characters that annoyed me.

Don't let the trailer fool you and skip this unsatisfying movie.




Netflix Summary:

Failed novelist Carlos Ristuccia (Fabrizio Bentivoglio) works at a finance company while his wife (Laura Morante) toils as a teacher (after abandoning dreams of being an actress). With their ambitions jettisoned, the couple has instilled little self-esteem in their teenaged son and daughter, who struggle to find meaning in life. Meanwhile, Carlos rekindles an affair with a former flame (Monica Bellucci), triggering a marital and family crisis.

No comments: