Mar 2, 2010

Wonderful World

I thought this was a comedy because Matthew Broderick was in it. I was wrong. This is a drama and had very little humor in it.

There were some good things about this movie that I liked, but I don't think I can recommend you watching it. The trailer looked funny to me, but the movie isn't anything that I expected. Not good but not bad. There were scenes that I liked in the film when the main character gets inspired and decides to make changes in his life even though it goes against his heavily ingrained negative attitude.

Again, for some reason the trailer made me think it was a comedy.




Netflix Summary:

Dejected, divorced and jobless, Ben Singer (Matthew Broderick) is not inclined to see his glass as half-full. But when his roommate falls ill and Singer must host the man's Senegalese sister (Sanaa Lathan) in their apartment, his outlook begins to change. Darkman writer Josh Goldin makes his directorial debut with this drama (which he also wrote) about the attitude-adjusting romance that blossoms between Singer and Khadi.

No comments: