Mar 5, 2010

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant

This vampire comedy movie was OK but didn't deliver too many laughs for me. It was corny but not really humorous. It seems like it was written and executed poorly.

I was surprised to see some of the big actor names like John C. Reilly, Salma Hayek, and Willem Dafoe in it. Even they could not save this movie. It ends with the promise of a sequel. I am not sure why. I was not entertained by this movie and don't think you will be either.

For some reason, I thought it would be pretty good from the trailer. I was wrong.






Netflix Summary:

Things get freaky fast for 16-year-old Darren Shan (Chris Massoglia) when his friend (Josh Hutcherson) takes him to a circus that's chockfull of sideshow oddities. There, he meets vampire Larten Crepsley (John C. Reilly) and receives a life-changing bite on the neck. As the newest member of the mysterious Cirque du Freak troupe, Darren keeps company with Madame Truska (Salma Hayek) and sparks a war between the vampires and their rivals.

No comments: