Nov 14, 2009

The Ugly Truth, Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler

I had very low expectations of this movie even though I like the 2 main stars. Gerard Butler from 300 and Katherine Heigl from Grey's Anatomy fame. I saw the preview and based on that I thought OK anther stinky romantic comedy with 2 currently popular stars. I had seen 27 dresses and some other lame movie Heigl was in and I think that may have influenced my expectations.

Nevertheless, it is a new movie and you can't judge it without watching it. I really thought Butler did a good job playing his character and Heigl was not the annoying Lizzy from G.A. The movie was put together well and got me to laugh a few times.

It was definitely predictable as most romantic comedies are, but the characters, actors, and storyline delivered. I would recommend watching it if you are on the fence.


The Ugly Truth Restricted Clip - The best bloopers are here

No comments: