Dec 6, 2009

Dracula 2000

I love vampire movies even if most of them are bad. I am glad they are more popular now than ever before. This oldie but goodie had many stars that have become big names now. Dracula was played by Gerard Butler of 300 fame. I must say he looked extremely young and at first I don't think I would recognize him right away.

The rest of the cast included Christopher Plummer, Jonny Lee Miller, Justine Waddell, Jennifer Esposito, and Omar Epps. I have seen many of these actors in other movies.





Now, I can't say there are a lot of good old vampire movies. I am a fan of True Blood, Interview with a Vampire, and Twilight, but I don't expect the older stuff to be as entertaining. This movie was a bit more original in its explanation of silver, crosses, holy water, etc and why Dracula dislikes them. You learn about that at the end of the movie. If you are Christian, you might be offended by the movie and bible tie ins, but I thought it was original and well done.

Anyways, I don't summarize the plot of the movie and give it away. I just want you to know it was enjoyable to watch and would recommend you seeing it. This is definitely worth renting and eating a bucket of popcorn with it.

No comments: